Excellent team environment
Our client is an international resources company with offices on Adelaide’s city fringe. Due to growth and the ramp-up of various projects this business requires the support of a highly experienced contracts specialist. This role is responsible for the day-to-day administration of contracts related to capital infrastructure and development projects.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, Project Management, this role is responsible for:
- the procurement of selected contract packages for Major Projects including:-
- contract planning and recommending documentation for work packages;
- drafting and issuing of contract documents;
- compiling, issuing and administering tenders;
- negotiating contracts;
- updating contract management systems
- the day to day management and administration of contracts;
- providing timely advice to the Project Manager for any disputes, actions or claims against contracts;
- carrying out procurement related tasks as required;
- tracking costs against project budgets at contract level;
- process improvement including contract documentation and contracting procedures.
Essential criteria for this role include:-
- solid commercial contracts management experience ideally in a construction, oil and gas or mining environment;
- excellent spoken and written communications skills;
- the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management;
- tertiary qualifications in commercial law, engineering or a related discipline;
- proven high level negotiation skills;
- experience with large scale local and international contracts;
- significant attention to detail;
- a “can do” attitude.
This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to engage fully in the assignment by quickly demonstrating your experience, working independently and achieving high level outcomes.
Applications in Word format only should be forwarded to Sangeetha Oommen by email to email@example.com Telephone enquiries are welcome and may be directed to Sangeetha on (08) 8100 8890.
Your application will be automatically acknowledged by return email.