9-12 month contract with a potential to be considered for other projects
Our client is a well established civil engineering contracting company currently executing a number of projects in the renewable sector nationally. A project manager is sought to add to its existing team of leaders, based in SA, for this hands-on, high-value, site-based civil engineering role.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, this amazing opportunity will lead to the successful completion and delivery of a high profile project. The role will be responsible for commercial accountability, project managing, site management of the team and the overall management of the contractors involved in the construction.
As Project Manager, your specific responsibilities will include :-
- dealing directly with the client, consultants and contractors and other external stakeholders during the course of the project;
- managing all facets of the project including budgeting, scheduling, procurement, quality and risk;
- managing and anticipating any potential project changes, adjusting plans and activities accordingly, and alerting key stakeholders where applicable;
- leading and providing project guidance and direction to the team in order to achieve project deliverables;
- tracking progress of the project, reporting status and variances;
- collaborating with project safety personnel to ensure WHS, quality and environmental plans are adhered to.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:-
- demonstrated experience executing large scale green field or brown field construction projects in excess of $100mil and above;
- a degree in construction management or an engineering qualification;
- proven experience managing multi-speciality project teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- proven knowledge and experience of WHS;
- excellent leadership skills with an ability to motivate, drive and direct various levels of site staff;
- strong commercial acumen, efficient time management and organisational skills.
This rewarding role offers a competitive remuneration package and an excellent opportunity to lead a nationally recognised project. Candidates that enjoy working on-site and delivering on high-value, fast-paced projects will be a natural fit into this business. DIDO/FIFO is on offer to the successful candidate as the project is based in regional South Australia.
Applications in Word format only should be forwarded to Sangeetha Oommen. Enquiries are welcome and may be directed to Sangeetha on (08) 8100 8890.
Your application will be automatically acknowledged by return email.