Diverse and challenging role
Our client, a local government authority requires an experienced Projects Manager to support the delivery of infrastructure projects. The ideal candidate will have comprehensive and proven project management experience covering design and delivery of large scale and complex projects.
Reporting to the Projects Director – Infrastructure, key responsibilities of the role will include :-
- overseeing all aspects of project management from approvals through to design development and financial management for both in-house and external projects;
- managing the consultants involved that support the delivery of the project;
- reviewing and finalising project contracts, plans and specifications;
- ensuring the project design development is within budget, scope and stipulated timelines;
- overseeing and negotiating the development of legal documentation to emphasise deliverables and responsibilities;
- obtaining the necessary internal approvals for project milestones;
- ensuring that projects meet quality, safety, environmental and performance objectives;
- co-ordinating with the procurement team to ensure effective and robust procurement outcomes are in place;
- ensuring efficient management reporting is in place during the scope of the project.
To succeed in this role the following skills and experience are essential :-
- extensive project management including the supervision of contractors and internal/external resources as well as experience liaising with government agencies, local government authorities and general public;
- highly developed communication and negotiation skills and the ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels;
- demonstrated experience in the management, administration and supervision of contracts/tenders and associated technical documentation;
- strong financial management and experience with the monitoring and preparation of budgets and work programs;
- proven experience in negotiating and overseeing the development of legal documentation;
- solid understanding of statutory planning, environmental and OH&S legislation.
Tertiary qualifications in Civil/Structural Engineering and/or Project Management are a requisite for the role.
Applications in Word format only should be forwarded to Sangeetha Oommen by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone enquiries are welcome and may be directed to Sangeetha on (08) 8100 8890.
Your application will be automatically acknowledged by return email.