Major renewable project
QLD based short-term contract
Our client is an established South Australian based civil engineering contracting company currently executing a number of high value EPCM contracts nationally in the renewable sector. The company is currently looking for a hands-on Project Engineer, Civil for a major project in QLD.
Reporting to the Project Manager, this position will be responsible for maintaining effective relationships with primary stakeholders. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical engineering expertise, scheduling, planning, forecasting, resourcing and managing all the technical activities in order to assure all technical project deliverables are achieved on time and on budget.
As the Project Engineer you will be responsible for :-
- preparing, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring the assigned engineering project;
- monitoring compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications;
- interacting daily with clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field;
- performing overall quality control of the work (i.e., budget, schedule, plans, personnel performance) and reporting regularly on project status;
- cooperating and communicating effectively with the Project Manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support;
- reviewing the engineering deliverables and initiating appropriate corrective actions;
- working with other engineering disciplines, designers and supervisors as required to support the engineering project delivery.
Due to the size of projects, applications are encouraged from candidates who have :-
- civil engineering qualifications;
- a working knowledge of safety legislation, environmental policy, processes and practices for large scale renewable or infrastructure projects;
- an excellent eye for detail and proven written and verbal communication skills, specifically the ability to write technical documentation and communicate requirements to other members of the project team;
- effective stakeholder engagement and organisational skills which are essential requirements to qualify for the role.
A project specific position, a competitive salary and an opportunity to be part of a nationally recognised renewable sector project is on offer for the successful candidate. Candidates who are available immediately and who enjoy working on-site and are willing to work FIFO or DIDO (if based in QLD) will be ideal for the role.
This role is for an immediate start therefore only candidates who are available immediately will be considered.
Applications in Word format only should be forwarded to Sangeetha Oommen by email to C22432@hender.com.au Telephone enquiries are welcome and may be directed to Sangeetha on (08) 8100 8890.Please note: Your application will be automatically acknowledged by return email.