- Seeking an experienced operations professional - manufacturing
- Leading global business: innovative and growing company
The Detmold Group is a leading manufacturer of specialised paper and board packaging products. From their first factory in Adelaide, the Detmold Group has now grown to 7 manufacturing locations and sales offices in 17 countries. Detmold supply to a diverse range of customers including some of the world's most iconic brands. They are a business that is proud of their People, Brand, and Products.
Detmold Group have partnered with the State and Federal Governments to manufacture medical masks and are rapidly establishing a local manufacturing facility to ensure secure supplies for our primary health care workers. As a result of this investment in local manufacturing the following contract opportunity is now available.
Exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to join Detmold Group’s newly created medical manufacturing division for the provision of surgical masks, as Operations Manager.
Reporting to the General Manager, as Operations Manager you will participate in the establishment of the production team and scaling up of high volume manufacturing, and then lead the production function to achieve efficient and safe operation of the plant, customer requirements and product standards within budgets and KPIs.
Full-time 12month fixed-term contract; some flexibility to work across all operational shifts as needed in the start-up phase may be required. ASAP start.
Attractive remuneration to be negotiated and will be commensurate with skills and experience.
- participate in the rapid establishment and commencement of new production facility;
- ensure operational excellence, quality, cost and delivery requirements are met;
- develop, implement and improve operational management systems, process and best practices;
- ensure machine and equipment maintenance requirements are met and adhered to;
- ensuring operational KPI’s are met;
- recruit, train, supervise, engage and lead the production team;
- ensure all standards and compliances are attained and maintained.
Skills and Attributes
- proven experience as Operations Manager or similar role ideally within manufacturing;
- prior experience in therapeutic goods or medical devices manufacturing environment (Ideal);
- experience in contemporary manufacturing practices and processes;
- project management skills and their application in production environment;
- adaptable and resilient;
- strong leadership, coaching, engagement and influencing skills;
- outstanding organisational skills;
- strong customer service ethos;
- technically competent with strong problem-solving skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to make this role their own and contribute towards a great public health initiative. You will have the opportunity and autonomy to be part of the establishment of this new facility and team. This role is for someone with the energy and commitment to see this project to operational excellence. You will be well supported by the Detmold Group, a leading global manufacturer.
Applications in Word format only should be forwarded to Christina Lekkas. Telephone enquiries are welcome may be directed to Christina on (08) 8100 8819.Please note: Your application will be automatically acknowledged by return email.