The Detmold Group is a leading manufacturer of specialised paper and board packaging products. From their first factory in Adelaide, the Detmold Group has now grown to 7 manufacturing locations and sales offices in 17 countries. Detmold supply to a diverse range of customers including some of the world's most iconic brands. They are a business that is proud of their People, Brand, and Products.
Detmold Group have partnered with the State and Federal Governments to manufacture medical masks and are rapidly establishing a local manufacturing facility to ensure secure supplies for our primary health care workers. As a result of this investment in local manufacturing the following contract opportunity is now available.
As a Production Manager of a fast-paced manufacturing facility, you will be an essential part of the leadership team ensuring consistent product quality is attained supporting continuous improvement, business practices, performance, and customer satisfaction. Role reports directly to the Operations Manager.
Full-Time; 12 month contract; attractive remuneration package. ASAP start.
- Achieving manufacturing excellence in all aspects of a fast-paced operation
- Leading teams from the front to drive performance and culture
- Engaging the production team to ensure the delivery of safe, efficient and quality production unit.
- Ensuring production targets are met
- A strong focus on achieving quality, and GMP compliance
- Training and developing staff; rostering; addressing day to day staffing issues
- Overseeing scheduling, availability of materials, maintenance & trouble shooting
- Completing daily, weekly and monthly production reports.
- Leading process improvement initiatives
With a passion for manufacturing & hands on approach, the successful candidate will possess a collaborative style and ability to drive production excellence. You will be motivated by managing/developing teams with a focus on quality & safety.
- Proven experience in a similar role performing above duties
- Experience within a fast-paced manufacturing facility
- Experience leading/managing/motivating teams and performance
- Strong communication and people skills - all levels
- Strong problem-solving abilities; adaptability in a changing environment
Applications in Word format only should be forwarded to Christina Lekkas. Telephone enquiries are welcome and may be directed to Christina on (08) 8100 8819.Please note: Your application will be automatically acknowledged by return email.