Our client, a passionate leader in the thoroughbred industry, is seeking to appoint an experienced and passionate training, learning and development professional to oversee and drive professional training development within their organisation. The role will also be integral in identifying and engaging new participants to the organisation’s training programs in order to meet the needs of the broader industry. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, this newly created role will be appointed initially for a fixed term of 12 months and will form an integral part of the organisations operational needs and broader team.
Key accountabilities include:
- working closely with the accredited third party training services & delivery provider to:
- assist with design, development & coordination of training programs (outsourced & in-house);
- select appropriate training methods & activities
- assist in assessing training program needs and gap analysis
- marketing available training to employees / potential industry participants and providing relevant information;
- designing & delivering educational material around career pathways within the industry;
- assess training programme effectiveness with a focus on quality and participation growth;
- sourcing avenues for eligible grants and subsidies;
- deliver programs to schools, employment and community events to market career pathways to the program and industry to increase participation;
Applications are encouraged from qualified Training, Education, Teaching, Sports Coaching professionals &/or equivalent experience in a similar role. Equally integral to the success of this role are the interpersonal skills and experience in bringing together and developing successful rapport across broad and diverse stakeholders including a genuine passion for education and school leaver development. Experience and/or a broad appreciation of the thoroughbred industry or a similarly aligned sector or sporting industry will be highly regarded.
An attractive remuneration package and perks to the industry will be offered to secure the right individual keen to add value to a longstanding organisation. This is a real opportunity to make the role your own and drive success.
Applications in Word format only should be forwarded to Christina Lekkas, please click on Apply Today to submit. Telephone enquiries are welcome and may be directed to Marisa Hunt and Christina on (08) 8100 8816.Please note: Your application will be automatically acknowledged by return email.