With over 30 years’ experience, our client is an established and respected provider of quality support services to the community living with disability. Currently they seek the assistance of an experienced policy and procedure writer to support the organisation in preparation for an upcoming Australian Service Excellent Standards (ASES) audit. This is an initial 3 month assignment. Full-time or 0.8 part-time will be considered.
Reporting to the Executive Manager, People and Change, the successful candidate will easily be able to identify gaps and overlapping work instructions and procedures and have the capability to update and develop the required content.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Build sound working relationships with key local and regional stakeholders
- Provide expertise and guidance to key stakeholders to lead the development, review and maintenance of consistent, best practice policy and procedure documents that are clear and easy to follow
- Ensure the related policies, operational procedures and work instructions are comprehensive and up to date in line with current legislation, regulations, organisational requirements and best practice guidelines
- Monitor external best practice benchmarks and recommend applicable continuous improvements
- Provide technical assistance in the form of policy structure, developing, formatting and reviewing of documents and work instructions
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of the project in achieving intended aims
To be successful in this role you will possess demonstrated experience in writing operational policies and procedures in layman’s terms for a broader audience, project management and quality frameworks. Effective communication skills both written and verbal, high level stakeholder management & collaborative skills, along with strong attention to detail are imperative for this role. High level MS office skills and a current DHS Working with Children’s Check or willingness to undertake, are essential.Please note: Your application will be automatically acknowledged by return email.