Our client, a leading not-for-profit organisation, is seeking to appoint an experienced Chief Executive Officer or General Manager on an initial contract term to oversee operational and strategic aspects of the business.
Reporting to and working with a skills-based Board, the goal is to drive the organisations’ development, operational excellence, community offering and guide it towards long-term success. This will be an initial short-term contract appointment offered on either a full-time or part-time basis. Other responsibilities include:
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission;
- Developing and maintaining strong strategic relationships with key community, corporate and government stakeholders;
- Lead, motivate and develop the team to advance employee engagement & excellence;
- Make high-quality investing decisions to advance the business for future growth, sustainability and success;
- Ensuring sound governance, risk management and compliance;
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements;
The ideal candidate will have a business mindset and will be able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings. They will take actions to enhance the company’s cash flow while keeping the human factor in perspective.
- Proven experience in a similar role servicing a Board
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance etc.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- An entrepreneurial commercial acumen with sound organisational and leadership skills
- Exceptional communication, networking and decision making skills
- Prior experience working in a not-for-profit organisation (ideal)
This is a genuine opportunity to join a respected organisation and provide your expertise to their operation for excellence and community offering.
Applications in Word format only should be forwarded to Marisa Hunt. Your expression of interest will not be forwarded to our client without your explicit consent. Telephone enquiries are welcome and may be directed to Marisa or Christina Lekkas on (08) 8100 8824.
Your application will be automatically acknowledged by return email.
Please note: Your application will be automatically acknowledged by return email.